Physics IT Essentials
Introductory information for new members of the department (and not only), biased towards computing and networking support material.
- Changing Your Physics (Helios) Server Password
- A brief explanation of how to change your password on the Physics server supporting email and remote logins.
- Introduction to PCS Printers
- A HOWTO document for setting up your windows, macos or linux client to be able to print to the PCS supported printers.
- PCS Forms
- PDF and Web-based forms for activating user accounts, registering hosts and accessing other services offered by PCS.
- Printing to PCS Printers from MacOSX
- A HOWTO document for setting up your MacOS X client to be able to print to the PCS supported printers.
- Printing to PCS Printers from Windows
- User Account Info and Configuration
- This document provides important info for new or inexperienced users with accounts on the central departmental server.
- Wireless Network Changes in the Department
- The Physics wireless network has been retired, but there are now 3 wireless access options available from the central computing services ITS.