PCS Service Fee Schedule
An overview of the various PCS computer and network service available on a contractual or hourly basis.
The PCS services and associated fees are described in the tables below. The services are divided into five general categories:
- User Accounts
- Every member of the department is entitled to an account on the departmental server, with services including email, file storage and secure remote sessions.
- Basic Networked Host Services (a.k.a Support Commons)
- Basic services includes DHCP services or static IP allocation, DNS name registration for static IPs, security and network traffic monitoring (for detection of infected or infiltrated hosts) and problem notification; access to departmental printers.
- Host and Peripheral Contract Support
- Owners of computers and peripherals (eg. scanners, printers) may enter into contracts with PCS for elevated levels of support, including operating system installation and maintenance (OS upgrades, security updates, configuration changes) and dealing with vendors or external support organizations on hardware and software maintenance.
- Backup Contract Support
- PCS offers contracted tape backup support for modest amounts of data up to approximately 9GB per host.
- OTO Services and Projects
- PCS provides "one-time-only" support billed on an hourly basis for tasks such as might be covered under a *host support contract* and also does project work billed at a standard hourly rate (or at a price set by specific per-project negotiations).
- PCS provides a small number of printers (currently 3) for general printing needs, charged on a per-page basis.
This is a link to the current fee schedule of PCS: http://www.physics.utoronto.ca/~pcs/forms/pcs_fee_schedule.php