Research, employment and volunteer opportunities
Links to information for undergraduates looking for opportunities for research, employment and volunteering.
Research, employment, fellowships and internships:
- Sunnybrook Summer Student Research Opportunity: Brain Sciences Application deadline March 12/14
Caltech Summer Research Opportunity - Application deadline Feb 22/14
- The Department of Physics of the University of Toronto will be participating in the NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Award (USRA) Program for the summer of 2014. Application deadline Feb 11/14
NSERC CREATE Training Program in Arctic Atmospheric Science- Deadline Feb 1/14
- NSERC Summer undergraduate awards at the Canadian Institute for Theoretical Astrophysics (CITA) - deadline Jan 31/14
- Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP) in Astronomy & Astrophysics at U of T Application deadline Jan 31/14
The University of Alberta Department of Physics - NSERC USRAs deadline Jan 24/14
- U of T Medical Biophysics opportunities, including summer research positions Admission Deadline, Jan 20/14
- Research Internships for Science and Engineering (RISE), an academic exchange program with German universities and institutes
- Dalhousie Research in Energy, Advanced Materials and Sustainability (DREAMS)
Volunteer and employment opportunities:
- Math in Motion, Girls in Gear, April 5th conference for Grade 9 girls. Volunteers needed for hand-on sessions run by women who use mathematics and computer science regularly in their careers.
- U of T - Department of Mathematics - check the Mathematics Department Outreach site for volunteer and paid opportunities: https://math.escalator.utoronto.ca/home/blog/category/get-involved/
Summer study and travel opportunities:
- Dunlap Institute 2014 Summer School Aug 10-15: Admission Deadline April 11/14
- The nanoUSRA Student Employment Program - Summer undergraduate research program in nanoscience and nanotechnology at the University of Alberta and the National Institute for Nanotechnology.
- International Astronomical Youth Camp (IAYC) aims to promote
knowledge on astronomy and related sciences. This year the IAYC2014 will take place in Austria from
July 20 -August 9th.
- Some PHY371/PHY372/PHY471/PHY472/PHY478/PHY479 undergraduate research and supervised study courses may be offered for credit over the summer.
- Research Opportunity Program summer courses in Physics and Optical Science.
- Summer Abroad Program. Degree credit courses abroad.
Other Educational Opportunities:
Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics (PI) - Welcomes applications to the Master’s level course: Deadline Feb 1, 2014
- Physics.org: Physics.org content is compiled by IOP Institute of Physics