Research, employment and volunteer opportunities
— filed under: Opportunities
Links to information for undergraduates looking for opportunities for research, employment and volunteering.
Career and Research Conferences
- WISE (Women
in Science and Engineering) High School Outreach Ambassador - Application Deadline August 20, 2014 at 11:59
Now is your chance! Apply to become a member of the WISE (Women in Science and Engineering) High School Outreach Ambassador team by filling out the application (http://bit.ly/1v6epfY) and emailing your resume to email@example.com
Volunteer and employment opportunities:
- U of T - Department of Mathematics - check the Mathematics Department Outreach site for volunteer and paid opportunities: https://math.escalator.utoronto.ca/home/blog/category/get-involved/
Summer study and travel opportunities:
Other Educational Opportunities:
- Physics.org: Physics.org content is compiled by IOP Institute of Physics
Research, employment, fellowships and internships:
- Waterloo Institute for Nanotechnology (WIN) - Application Deadline April 30, 2014
- The U of T Next Steps Conference - May 1 & 2, 2014
- Quantitative Biology in Molecular Genetics (QBMG) PhD track
- Masters in Molecular Biophysics - Application Deadline June 1, 2014
- Economics 2014 program at the University of Western Ontario
- The nanoUSRA Student Employment Program
- Summer undergraduate research program in nanoscience and
nanotechnology at the University of Alberta and the National Institute
- International Astronomical Youth Camp (IAYC) aims to promote
knowledge on astronomy and related sciences. This year the IAYC2014 will take place in Austria from
July 20 -August 9th.
- Some PHY371/PHY372/PHY471/PHY472/PHY478/PHY479 undergraduate research and supervised study courses may be offered for credit over the summer.
- Research Opportunity Program summer courses in Physics and Optical Science.
- Summer Abroad Program. Degree credit courses abroad.
- 2014 Summer Work Study Program - Proposal Deadline March 28, 2014
- Dunlap Institute 2014 Summer School (Aug 10-15): Admission Deadline April 11/14
- Math in Motion, Girls in Gear,
April 5th conference for Grade 9 girls. Volunteers needed for hand-on
sessions run by women who use mathematics and computer science regularly
in their careers.
- Sunnybrook Summer Student Research Opportunity: Brain Sciences Application deadline March 12/14
- Undergraduate Summer Research in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- The Department of Physics of the University of Toronto will be participating in the NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Award (USRA) Program for the summer of 2014.
- NSERC Summer undergraduate awards at the Canadian Institute for Theoretical Astrophysics (CITA)
- Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP) in Astronomy & Astrophysics at U of T
- U of T Medical Biophysics opportunities, including summer research positions
- Institute of Particle Physics (IPP) Summer Research Program at CERN
- Research Internships for Science and Engineering (RISE), an academic exchange program with German universities and institutes
- Dalhousie Research in Energy, Advanced Materials and Sustainability (DREAMS)
- Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics (PI) - Welcomes applications to the Master’s level course