Research, employment and seminar opportunities
Links to information for undergraduates looking for opportunities for research, employment and volunteering.
Research Readiness Program
This program teaches over 4 days at the beginning of the summer the necessary concepts that will be used in the students’ research career, making sure that students are ready to hit the ground running when they start in the research lab.
For more information visit:http://www.impactcentre.utoronto.ca/programs/rrp
Kupcinet-Getz Summer Program
The program accepts a select number of outstanding undergraduate students to participate in research projects in mathematics and computer Science, physics, chemistry and life sciences during the summer of 2015.
All information concerning the program and application procedure can be found at the following link:
Applications close: January 15 2014
U of T QBMG Event - January 15 & 16, 2014
The Department of Molecular Genetics at the University of Toronto is hosting an event to provide information about our Quantitative Biology in Molecular Genetics PhD Program (QBMG).This interdisciplinary program is aimed at aiding undergraduates in physics, math, computer science, chemistry, and engineering who have an interest in biology to enter the Molecular Genetics PhD program directly.There will be two identical 1-hour sessions at 5PM on January 15th and 16th 2015, where faculty will introduce the program and answer any questions you may have.Food will be servedWhere: The InteractHome, Room 4284 of the Medical Sciences Building on the U of T campus (see attached map)When: January 15th and 16th at 5PM (identical sessions)How to attend: Submit your RSVP to me by 5PM on Monday, January 12 by filling in this short survey:
- Physics.org: Physics.org content is compiled by IOP Institute of Physics
- Waterloo Institute for Nanotechnology (WIN) - Application Deadline April 30, 2014
- WISE (Women
in Science and Engineering) High School Outreach Ambassador - Application Deadline August 20, 2014 at 11:59
Now is your chance! Apply to become a member of the WISE (Women in Science and Engineering) High School Outreach Ambassador team by filling out the application (http://bit.ly/1v6epfY) and emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The U of T Next Steps Conference - May 1 & 2, 2014
- Quantitative Biology in Molecular Genetics (QBMG) PhD track
- Masters in Molecular Biophysics - Application Deadline June 1, 2014
- Economics 2014 program at the University of Western Ontario
- The nanoUSRA Student Employment Program
- Summer undergraduate research program in nanoscience and
nanotechnology at the University of Alberta and the National Institute
- International Astronomical Youth Camp (IAYC) aims to promote
knowledge on astronomy and related sciences. This year the IAYC2014 will take place in Austria from
July 20 -August 9th.
- Some PHY371/PHY372/PHY471/PHY472/PHY478/PHY479 undergraduate research and supervised study courses may be offered for credit over the summer.
- Research Opportunity Program summer courses in Physics and Optical Science.
- Summer Abroad Program. Degree credit courses abroad.
- 2014 Summer Work Study Program - Proposal Deadline March 28, 2014
- Dunlap Institute 2014 Summer School (Aug 10-15): Admission Deadline April 11/14
- Math in Motion, Girls in Gear,
April 5th conference for Grade 9 girls. Volunteers needed for hand-on
sessions run by women who use mathematics and computer science regularly
in their careers.
- Sunnybrook Summer Student Research Opportunity: Brain Sciences Application deadline March 12/14
- Undergraduate Summer Research in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- The Department of Physics of the University of Toronto will be participating in the NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Award (USRA) Program for the summer of 2014.
- NSERC Summer undergraduate awards at the Canadian Institute for Theoretical Astrophysics (CITA)
- Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP) in Astronomy & Astrophysics at U of T
- U of T Medical Biophysics opportunities, including summer research positions
- Institute of Particle Physics (IPP) Summer Research Program at CERN
- Research Internships for Science and Engineering (RISE), an academic exchange program with German universities and institutes
- Dalhousie Research in Energy, Advanced Materials and Sustainability (DREAMS)
- Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics (PI) - Welcomes applications to the Master’s level course