Research, employment and volunteer opportunities
Links to information for undergraduates looking for opportunities for research, employment and volunteering.
OISE Open Househe Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE) of the University of Toronto is an all-graduate institute of teaching, learning and research. We would like to invite your students to our Open House events taking place at OISE from October 20-25. We hope that our Open House will provide your students with an opportunity to learn about the diverse range of masters and doctoral programs offered at OISE. Our programs include:
· Master of Teaching (Ontario teacher certification for elementary or secondary)· Counselling Psychology· Development Psychology and Education· Curriculum Studies and Teacher Development· Language and Literacies Education· Adult Education and Community Development· Educational Leadership and Policy· Higher Education
· Social Justice Education
If you have students who might be thinking about graduate studies in education and teaching, they may be interested in attending our Open House. We would very much appreciate you sharing with them information about our events. I have attached a pdf of the Open House poster for your convenience. (We also plan to send printed posters in the mail.)
Please do not hesitate to contact the Registrar’s Office if you require further details about the Open House or need posters (tel: 416-978-1848 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Volunteer and employment opportunities:
- U of T - Department of Mathematics - check the Mathematics Department Outreach site for volunteer and paid opportunities: https://math.escalator.utoronto.ca/home/blog/category/get-involved/
- Physics.org: Physics.org content is compiled by IOP Institute of Physics
- Waterloo Institute for Nanotechnology (WIN) - Application Deadline April 30, 2014
- WISE (Women
in Science and Engineering) High School Outreach Ambassador - Application Deadline August 20, 2014 at 11:59
Now is your chance! Apply to become a member of the WISE (Women in Science and Engineering) High School Outreach Ambassador team by filling out the application (http://bit.ly/1v6epfY) and emailing your resume to email@example.com
- The U of T Next Steps Conference - May 1 & 2, 2014
- Quantitative Biology in Molecular Genetics (QBMG) PhD track
- Masters in Molecular Biophysics - Application Deadline June 1, 2014
- Economics 2014 program at the University of Western Ontario
- The nanoUSRA Student Employment Program
- Summer undergraduate research program in nanoscience and
nanotechnology at the University of Alberta and the National Institute
- International Astronomical Youth Camp (IAYC) aims to promote
knowledge on astronomy and related sciences. This year the IAYC2014 will take place in Austria from
July 20 -August 9th.
- Some PHY371/PHY372/PHY471/PHY472/PHY478/PHY479 undergraduate research and supervised study courses may be offered for credit over the summer.
- Research Opportunity Program summer courses in Physics and Optical Science.
- Summer Abroad Program. Degree credit courses abroad.
- 2014 Summer Work Study Program - Proposal Deadline March 28, 2014
- Dunlap Institute 2014 Summer School (Aug 10-15): Admission Deadline April 11/14
- Math in Motion, Girls in Gear,
April 5th conference for Grade 9 girls. Volunteers needed for hand-on
sessions run by women who use mathematics and computer science regularly
in their careers.
- Sunnybrook Summer Student Research Opportunity: Brain Sciences Application deadline March 12/14
- Undergraduate Summer Research in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- The Department of Physics of the University of Toronto will be participating in the NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Award (USRA) Program for the summer of 2014.
- NSERC Summer undergraduate awards at the Canadian Institute for Theoretical Astrophysics (CITA)
- Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP) in Astronomy & Astrophysics at U of T
- U of T Medical Biophysics opportunities, including summer research positions
- Institute of Particle Physics (IPP) Summer Research Program at CERN
- Research Internships for Science and Engineering (RISE), an academic exchange program with German universities and institutes
- Dalhousie Research in Energy, Advanced Materials and Sustainability (DREAMS)
- Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics (PI) - Welcomes applications to the Master’s level course