Research and employment opportunities
— filed under: Opportunities
Links to information for undergraduates looking for opportunities for research, employment and volunteering.
National Bank of Canada - Summer InternshipsNational Bank of Canada Financial Markets is looking to hire students who do not study in Business, Economics, Financial Mathematics or Actuarial Science for its 2015 Summer Internship Program.We will be glad to meet potential candidates - especially those who will graduate anywhere between May 2016 and May 2017 - at the Info Session we will soon hold on your campus:When : Wednesday, Nov. 19 from 17:30 to 19:00
Prize Scholarships for Summer ResearchQuantum Information and Quantum Control are exciting areas of
cross-disciplinary scientific research, which aim to exploit
fundamentally quantum mechanical phenomena for important technological
applications in communications, computing, laser control of molecular
processes and metrology.
CQIQC SUMMER SCHOLARSHIPS FOR UNDERGRADUATESThe Center for Quantum Information and Quantum Control (CQIQC),
located at the University of Toronto, is accepting applications for
Prize Scholarships for Undergraduate Students to undertake Summer
Research Projects at the University of Toronto in 2015. CQIQC will
provide funds for students to spend the summer working in one of the
research groups associated with the Center.
Qualifications: Advanced undergraduates majoring in Mathematics,
Physics, Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Quantum
dynamics in molecules and nanoscale systems or related areas, with
excellent GPA's who have one or more years remaining in their
programme before the expected completion of their undergraduate degree.
Participating members can be found at: http://cqiqc.physics.utoronto.ca
How to apply: Send your CV, (including course listing with grades up
to the Fall term of 2014), a one page personal statement of your
research interests, and (if possible) a letter of support by a faculty
Anna Ho, CQIQC Administrator,
Department of Chemistry, University of Toronto,
80 St. George Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5S 3H6
Closing date: 15 December 2014.
Graduate and Undergraduate Research Fair - November 13, 2014
Global Perspectives Symposium (GPS) - November 11-13, 2014
- Physics.org: Physics.org content is compiled by IOP Institute of Physics
- Waterloo Institute for Nanotechnology (WIN) - Application Deadline April 30, 2014
- WISE (Women
in Science and Engineering) High School Outreach Ambassador - Application Deadline August 20, 2014 at 11:59
Now is your chance! Apply to become a member of the WISE (Women in Science and Engineering) High School Outreach Ambassador team by filling out the application (http://bit.ly/1v6epfY) and emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The U of T Next Steps Conference - May 1 & 2, 2014
- Quantitative Biology in Molecular Genetics (QBMG) PhD track
- Masters in Molecular Biophysics - Application Deadline June 1, 2014
- Economics 2014 program at the University of Western Ontario
- The nanoUSRA Student Employment Program
- Summer undergraduate research program in nanoscience and
nanotechnology at the University of Alberta and the National Institute
- International Astronomical Youth Camp (IAYC) aims to promote
knowledge on astronomy and related sciences. This year the IAYC2014 will take place in Austria from
July 20 -August 9th.
- Some PHY371/PHY372/PHY471/PHY472/PHY478/PHY479 undergraduate research and supervised study courses may be offered for credit over the summer.
- Research Opportunity Program summer courses in Physics and Optical Science.
- Summer Abroad Program. Degree credit courses abroad.
- 2014 Summer Work Study Program - Proposal Deadline March 28, 2014
- Dunlap Institute 2014 Summer School (Aug 10-15): Admission Deadline April 11/14
- Math in Motion, Girls in Gear,
April 5th conference for Grade 9 girls. Volunteers needed for hand-on
sessions run by women who use mathematics and computer science regularly
in their careers.
- Sunnybrook Summer Student Research Opportunity: Brain Sciences Application deadline March 12/14
- Undergraduate Summer Research in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- The Department of Physics of the University of Toronto will be participating in the NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Award (USRA) Program for the summer of 2014.
- NSERC Summer undergraduate awards at the Canadian Institute for Theoretical Astrophysics (CITA)
- Summer Undergraduate Research Program (SURP) in Astronomy & Astrophysics at U of T
- U of T Medical Biophysics opportunities, including summer research positions
- Institute of Particle Physics (IPP) Summer Research Program at CERN
- Research Internships for Science and Engineering (RISE), an academic exchange program with German universities and institutes
- Dalhousie Research in Energy, Advanced Materials and Sustainability (DREAMS)
- Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics (PI) - Welcomes applications to the Master’s level course