Nonlinear Physics Group: Papers on columnar joints and mud cracks
Papers on columnar joints and mud cracks
Papers are listed with the most recent at the top.
- Cracking mud, freezing dirt, and breaking rocks, by Lucas Goehring and Stephen W. Morris, Physics Today, 67, 11, 45 (2014).
- Nonequilibrium scale selection mechanism for columnar jointing, by Lucas Goehring L. Mahadevan and Stephen W. Morris, Proceedings of the National Academy of Science, 106, 387 (2009).
- On the scaling and ordering of columnar joints, by Lucas Goehring. Ph.D. thesis, Unpublished, Nov. 2007.
- The Scaling of Columnar Joints in Basalt, by Lucas Goehring and Stephen W. Morris, Journal of Geophysical Research, vol. 113, B10203 (2008). doi:10.1029/2007JB005018.
- An Experimental Investigation of the Scaling of Columnar Joints, by Lucas Goehring, Zhenquan Lin and Stephen W. Morris. Physical Review E 74, 036115 (2006).
- Order and disorder in columnar joints, by Lucas Goehring and Stephen W. Morris, Europhysics Letters, 69, 739 (2005).
- Development and geometry of isotropic
and directional shrinkage crack patterns,
Kelly A. Shorlin,
John R. de Bruyn,
Malcolm Graham and
Stephen W. Morris,
Physical Review E, 61, 6950 (2000).
- A study of shrinkage crack patterns,
Kelly A. Linehan,
M.Sc. Thesis, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Unpublished, (1997).
Go back to the Nonlinear Physics Group home page
The Experimental Nonlinear Physics Group, Dept. of Physics, University of Toronto,
60 St. George St. Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5S 1A7. Phone (416) 978 - 6810