Physics IT Essentials
Introductory information for new members of the department (and not only), biased towards computing and networking support material.
PCS Group contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The University’s information and communication technology (ICT) resources provide a rich array of services to our community. Ensuring the continuing utility and availability of these resources is the responsibility of service providers and consumers. These guidelines are intended to provide a framework for the protection and effective utilisation of these resources.
- Changing Your Physics (Helios) Server Password
- A brief explanation of how to change your password on the Physics server supporting email and remote logins.
- A HOWTO document for setting up your windows, macos or linux clients to print to PCS supported printers.
- Departmental mailing lists
- PCS Forms
- PDF and Web-based forms for activating user accounts, registering hosts and accessing other services offered by PCS.
- User Account Info and Configuration
- This document provides important info for new or inexperienced users with accounts on the central departmental server.
- Wireless Network Access in the Department of Physics
- UofT member and visitors wireless access in the Physics department is provided by the ITS central services.