The objective of our Undergraduate Physics programs is to graduate students with appropriate knowledge and competence in the core pillars of physics:
and their applications in areas such as Biological Physics.
"The Way of the Physicist"
University of Toronto Physics Undergraduate Curriculum Committee discussions 2008
Our students should be able to
- construct mathematical models of physical systems
- solve the models analytically or computationally
- make physical measurements of the systems
- compare the measurements with the expectations
- communicate the results, both verbally and in writing
- improve and iterate
and to apply these skills to both fundamental and applied problems.