- Electric dipole moment searches using polar molecule clock states, arXiv (2019)
- Improved estimate of the collisional frequency shift in Al+ clocks, Phys. Rev. Research (2019)
- A measurement of the atomic hydrogen Lamb shift and the proton charge radius, Science (2019)
Perspective: Progress on the proton-radius puzzle
- Direct observation of a highly forbidden optical transition in Sm:SrF2, Phys. Rev. A (2019)
- Cold, dense, atomic ion clouds produced by cryogenic buffer-gas cooling, Phys. Rev. A (2019)
- Magic polarization for light shift cancellation in two-photon optical clocks, Phys. Rev. A (2019)
Selected older publications
- Collisional frequency shift of a trapped-ion optical clock, Phys. Rev. A (2017)
- Frequency-offset separated oscillatory fields, Phys. Rev. A (2015)
- Optical frequency standards for gravitational wave detection using satellite Doppler velocimetry, New. J. Phys. (2015)
- Order of magnitude smaller limit on the electric dipole moment of the electron, Science (2014)
- Search for the electric dipole moment of the electron with thorium monoxide, J. Phys. B (2010)
Full list: orcid.org/0000-0002-1250-2927
Code and hardware designs developed in my group are freely available at github.com/vuthalab.
Pythagon is an older Python blog that I update sporadically.
Perhaps you are here for my list of content-free phrases?
TeachingI teach the following courses at UofT:
- PHY 2205: Fundamental Physics using AMO Techniques
- PHY 2204: Quantum Optics II
- PHY 405: Electronics Lab
ContactMP 033 (lab), MP 1121 (office)
Department of Physics
University of Toronto
60 St. George Street
Toronto ON M5S 1A7, Canada
Phone: +1 416 946 8503
Email: amar.vutha Ͽ utoronto.ca
'MP' is the McLennan Physics building, located in UofT's downtown campus.
- Shira Jackson
- Nishant Bhatt
- Mohit Verma
- Kristen Cote
- Dr. Kosuke Kato
- Harish Ramachandran (u)
- Monica Zhu (u)
- Kaitlyn Liang (u)
CQIQC undergraduate summer fellowships are available: please apply before Jan 31, 2020.
NSERC USRA summer projects are also available: contact me if you are interested.
- Luca Talamo → U Colorado
- Jack Davis → U Waterloo
- Hiromitsu Sawaoka → Harvard
- Wesley Cassidy → U British Columbia
- Dr. Shreyas Potnis → Thalmic Labs
- Dr. Graham Edge → JW Player
- Jenny Wu → U Colorado