Nonlinear Physics Group: Papers on granular materials and washboard road
Papers on granular materials and washboard road
Papers are listed with the most recent at the top.
- Vertically Vibrated Ball-Chains in a Sinusoidal Potential, J. McGibbon,
Undergraduate research report, unpublished, May 2014.
- The Separation of Beaded Chains in a Two Dimensional Confined Environment, Justin Bondy, M.Sc. report, unpublished, Sept. 2012.
- Lift and drag forces on an inclined plow moving over a granular surface, Baptiste Percier, Sebastien Manneville, Jim N. McElwaine, Stephen W. Morris and Nicolas Taberlet,
Physical Review E, 84, 051302 (2011).
- Pattern Formation in Vertically Vibrated Nails, T. Lynn MacDonald
M.Sc. report, unpublished, Sept. 2010.
- Scaling and dynamics of washboard road, Anne-Florence Bitbol, Nicolas Taberlet, Stephen W. Morris and Jim N. McElwaine,
Physical Review E, 79, 061308 (2009).
- Washboard Road: The Dynamics of Granular Ripples Formed by Rolling Wheels, Nicolas Taberlet, Stephen W. Morris and Jim N. McElwaine,
Physical Review Letters, 99, 068003 (2007).
- Granular segregation dynamics in a rotating drum, Zeina S. Khan
Ph.D. thesis, unpublished, July 2006.
- Pattern scaling in the axial segregation of granular materials in a rotating tube, Christopher R. J. Charles, Zeina S. Khan and
Stephen W. Morris, Published in Granular Matter, Nov 2005, Page 46, or http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10035-005-0208-z
- Subdiffusive axial transport of granular materials in a long drum mixer, Zeina S. Khan and
Stephen W. Morris, Phys. Rev. Lett. 94, 048002 (2005).
- Oscillatory granular segregation in a long drum mixer, Zeina S. Khan, Wayne A. Tokaruk, and
Stephen W. Morris, Europhysics Letters, 66, 212, (2004).
- The Dynamics of Granular Segregation Patterns in a Long Drum Mixer,
Kiam Choo, Michael W. Baker, T. C. A. Molteno and Stephen W. Morris,
Physical Review E, 58, 6115 (1998).
- The Dynamics of a Binary Granular Mixture in a Rotating Tube, Kiam Choo
M.Sc. thesis, unpublished, September 1997.
- Traveling Granular Segregation Patterns in a Long Drum Mixer,
T. C. A. Molteno and
Stephen W. Morris ,
Physical Review Letters, 79, 2975 (1997).
Go back to the Nonlinear Physics Group home page
The Experimental Nonlinear Physics Group, Dept. of Physics, University of Toronto
60 St. George St. Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5S 1A7. Phone (416) 978 - 6810