Fast-track solutions through industry-academic collaboration
Join us in Toronto on Wednesday December 7, 2022 for AIMday™ Quantum Technologies.
Venue: Hart House, 7 Hart House Circle, Toronto, ON M5S 3H3.
Hosted by The Centre for Quantum Information and Quantum Control (CQIQC) at the University of Toronto, this AIMday™ will explore solutions to challenges that are important for advancing quantum applications and the quantum economy.
Quantum Technologies – the use of quantum phenomena in industry applications – are rapidly transforming computing, sensing, communications, cryptography, and device & material design. Profound scientific discoveries are creating entirely new industries as well as new tools that can benefit existing sectors and transform our lives and societies.
Some examples of quantum topics for AIMday™ Quantum Technologies:
- Quantum computing (software and hardware)
- Quantum communication and cryptography
- Quantum sensors
- Quantum simulation
- Quantum materials.
Academic Industry Meeting Day, or AIMday™, is an internationally recognized opportunity to tackle research questions around a central theme. This highly effective program enables organizations and university-based researchers to connect and bring world-class research to life. By matching organizations’ needs for new knowledge with academic expertise, AIMday™ brings understanding and new perspectives to real-world problems.
Established in 2008 at Uppsala University, Sweden, AIMday™ has been implemented and refined more than 120 times by leading universities around the world.
AIMday™ is free for all participants.
For organizations: Solve your most pressing challenges
AIMday™ helps organizations connect with leading academic researchers. AIMday™ Quantum Technologies is an opportunity to:
- Explore solutions to your organization’s challenges and questions
- Cultivate collaborations for maximum real-world impact
- Envision and implement quantum technologies with other organizations and researchers
- Access leading-edge knowledge, ideas, technology and insights.
For researchers: Open up new avenues of research
AIMday™ helps researchers connect with external organizations and learn how their research relates to real-world needs. AIMday™ Quantum Technologies is an opportunity for faculty who are interested in:
- Building new research partnerships
- Connecting with other researchers in similar or adjacent fields
- Identifying opportunities for their graduate students
- Learning about current challenges that organizations are facing
- Looking at challenges from new angles and different perspectives.
- Free for all participants
- Organizations: 29 August – 21 October 2022 – More information here
- Researchers: 1 – 21 November 2022.
- "Register before Nov 21 at https://aimday.se/quantum-technologies-toronto-2022/"