- Select the first item "Safari" in the main menu and from the drop-down the item "Preferences..."
- A popup opens. Click on the tab "Advanced".
- Check the option "Show Develop menu in menu bar" at the bottom. Now you should see a new menu item in the main menu named "Develop".
- If you click on the menu item "Develop" you can select "Empty Caches" from the submenu items.
- Reload the site.
Using the main menu
- Click on "Chrome" in the main menu.
- Select "Clear Browsing Data..."
- The popup window from the first instruction opens. Follow these instructions from step 2 onwards.
- In the main menu of the browser select "History" and below that the submenu-item "Clear Recent History..."
- A popup opens. In the drop-down menu, you can define the time range you want to delete the cache. You have the following options: last hour, last two hours, last four hours, today or Everything.
- To delete all cache data, select "Everything" from the drop-down menu.
- Afterwards, click on the arrow next to "Details" to show the different possibilities for which data should be deleted. If you want to delete only the cache, then check only the checkbox next to "Cache".
- With a click on the button "Clear now" you delete the cache.
- Reload the site afterwards.
Chrome MS Windows
Delete the browser cache with a shortcut.
The fastest way to get rid of the cache data in Google Chrome is the option "Clear Browser cache". You can access this function with the following shortcut:
- Press the keys [Ctrl], [Shift] and [Del]. Be sure you press all the keys at once.
- A new window opens: "Clear Browser cache".
- Here you can select in the upper dropdown-menu, for which time period you want to delete the cache data. You can select between "last hour", "last day", "last week", "last four weeks" or "all".
- If you want to delete all cache date, select "all".
- Check the box in front of "Images and Files in Cache".
- Submit your selection by clicking the "Delete Browser data" Button.
- Reload your site.
Clear browser cache manually
If you don't want to use the keyboard shortcut to call the function "Clear Browser data" you can access it manually:
- Click on the "Menu" in the upper right corner of Google Chrome and Open the Browser setting. You can recognise the menu by the three stacked dots.
- Next, you select the option "more tools".
- In the next step click on "Delete Browser data".
- Now you can follow the steps from the description above and select the specific time period (Step 3).
Firefox MS Windows
Fast delete with the keyboard shortcut
For deleting the browser cache with a shortcut in Firefox please follow these steps:
- Press following keys at once: [Ctrl], [Shift] and [Del]. A Popup opens with the title "Clear recent history".
- In the dropdown menu, you can define the time range you want to delete the cache. You have the following options: last hour, last two hours, last four hours, today or all.
- To delete all data, select "All" from the dropdown-menu...
- Afterwards, click on the arrow next to "Details" and toggle the different possibilities to chose which data should be deleted. If you want to delete only the cache, then only mark the checkbox next to "Cache".
- With a click on the button "clear now" you delete the cache.
- Reload the site afterwards
Delete the cache with the window option in Firefox
Alternatively you can also clear the cache also through the window-menu. Please follow these steps:
- Press the key "Alt" on your keyboard. The window menu from firefox opens.
- In the menu, "History" select "Clear Recent History…"
- Now the Popup-Window opens like described in the instructions above.
- Follow the steps above from the second step.
Microsoft Edge MS Windows
Clear browser data in Microsoft Edge with the keyboard shortcut.
- Press the keys [Ctrl], [Shift] and [Del].
- A new Window opens. Select the option "temporary services and files".
- Confirm your selection by clicking on the "delete" button.
Delete the browser cache in Microsoft Edge through the menu.
To delete the browser cache in Microsoft Edge through the menu, follow these steps:
- Click on the "Hub" symbol in the main menu.
- Then browse to the "History".
- Now you can click on "Delete the whole History".
- Check the option "temporary services and files" and confirm the selection with a click on the "Delete" Button.