2018 SURF General Information
The U of T Physics Summer Undergraduate Fellowships (SURF) is intended to provide entry-level summer research experience for students who have completed or are currently taking PHY152H1S / PHY180H1F or in Second Year Physics courses at the University of Toronto. Projects will involve undergraduate lab development and research with faculty in the Department of Physics.
- Intended only for full time students at the University of Toronto.
- First year applicants must complete PHY152H or PHY180H by April 2017.
- Second year applicants must be enrolled in a Physics Program.
- Preference will be given to those enrolled in the Physics Specialist or joint Specialist programs.
- Engineering Science Physics Option students will also be considered.
How to Apply:
- Send a resume that includes your student number and a one-page Statement of Interest to: Undergraduate Coordinator, email@example.com.
- There is no need to attach a transcript.
- Your resume should include academic info, relevant experience, skills, etc.
- Your Statement of Interest should include why you want to take part in the program and why you would be a good candidate for the program.
Fellowship Value: $2,000 each
Project Duration: Work will be Full-Time during the period of either May - June or July-August
(based on projects which are expected to take about six weeks to complete.)
Deadline: February (tba), 2018
Successful Applicants will be informed in mid- late March 2018.
Previous years winners can be viewed at: