2022 Awards Update
April 21: Eight SURF awards have been offered and accepted for summer 2022. This process is now complete for this year.
These awards were renamed in 2020, in honour of Dr. Natalia Krasnopolskaia.
- Intended only for full time students at the University of Toronto.
- First year applicants must complete PHY152H before the summer.
- Students in second, third and fourth year must be enrolled in a Physics Program.
- Preference will be given to those enrolled in the Physics Specialist or joint Specialist programs.
- Engineering Science Physics Option students will also be considered.
- No prior research experience is required.
How to Apply:
- Send a resume that includes your student number and a one-page Statement of Interest to: Undergraduate Coordinator, email@example.com.
- There is no need to attach a transcript.
- Your resume should include academic info, relevant experience, skills, etc.
- In your Statement of Interest, please tell us about yourself, including why you want to take part in the program and why you would be a good candidate for the program.
Available Positions: It is a limited number of Fellowships available. There are only six (6) positions.
Fellowship Value: $3,159 each
Project Duration: Work will be Full-Time during the period of either May - June or July-August
(based on projects which are expected to take about six weeks to complete.)
Deadline: March 1, 2022
Successful Applicants will be informed in late March/early April.
Previous years winners can be viewed further down the page.