There will be no program in 2021.
To be notified when applications open in 2022, email:
- Date: TBA 2022
- Time: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
University of Toronto
Department of Physics
60 St George Street
Toronto ON M5S 1A7
This one day event is aimed at Toronto high-school students planning to write the Canadian Association of Physicists (CAP) Prize examination (see https://www.cap.ca/programs/medals-and-awards/prizes-students/cegep-prize-exam/CAP-high-school-cegep-prize-exam/ ) on TBA.
The workshop will begin with a discussion of exam-writing strategies. Students will then divide into small groups to discuss practice question (including from past exams), with guidance from Physics faculty members and undergraduate students. A practice exam and plans for follow up activities are planned for the afternoon.
The goal of the event is to have the students who participate leave feeling more confident with physics and test taking in general.
- Who is Eligible: High School Students in Grades 10, 11, 12
- Deadline: Applications should be received by TBA . Places are limited.
- How much does it cost? Free.
- Will lunch be provided? Yes, a pizza lunch will be provided.
- Where can I write the actual CAP Exam if my high school is not registered? Please be advised that if your high school does not want to register for the CAP High School Exam, you may do the exam here at the Department of Physics on Wed April 8th, 2020 from 9am to 12pm in room MP123. Please send your full name, grade, age and school to email@example.com to register. Last date to register to write at the department is Friday April 3, 2020.
Questions? contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
To be notified when 2022 applications open,